Thursday, March 08, 2007

Miller Family Snapshot 2007-03-05







No really, we haven't disappeared...

Hi friends and family. It has been quite the hectic month here in the Miller household. I'd love to go into details, but I'll spare you the agony of reading seven chapters of our life story - at least for now. =)

Instead, consider this a Miller Family Update warm-up. There are a couple of things I've meant to share for some time, but have not made the time to do so.

You will find attached a picture of the newest addition to the Miller fam. This ultrasound was actually done early Feb. We have another scheduled at the end of this month. We are still holding true to not finding out the gender of the baby. How "old-fashioned"! =)

I have also attached pictures of Jenna's completed Christmas gift - the cross-stitch of Micah. Those who know me well enough know I love crunching numbers, and coming up with odd facts. So here goes:

- The picture consists of 148 x 118 stitches (a "stitch" is one "x" on the cross-stitch). That is a total of 17,464 stitches.
- I worked on the picture from June 21st of 2006 through January 8th of 2007 (the night before I took my state boards).
- It took an even 200 hours (measured by the quarter-hour) over 6 months and 18 days.
- The program I used to make the print the paper pattern tells you how many centimeters of thread you need for each color. Combined, I used 20,874 centimeters of thread. This is equivalent to 695.8 feet, or almost 90 feet taller than the Space Needle (see attached picture of the Space Needle with the red "thread" I drew in… get it? Space Needle and thread?!)

Please don't take this as bragging about what I did for Jenna. However, do take this as me being a nerd for crunching all those numbers. =)

In other news, all is well with us. I will share more in the next update about how Jenna's doing, how the new job is going, as well as other things that are new with us.

Much love to you all, and many apologies to those who have written us who have not received responses back.

With much love,
The Millers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home